As a business owner, it can be difficult to stay informed with continually changing and complex government taxation policies. Income tax in Canada is growing increasingly complex. Whether you are an individual or a business, you are always looking for ways to reduce your tax liability, but not everyone has the time or experience required to understand tax laws. RSP LLP allows you to focus on running your business while we stay up to date for you. We offer our clients a number of consulting and advisory services to ensure that more of their hard-earned dollars stay where they should – in their bank account. Our starting point is understanding you and your business.
We prefer to take a proactive vs. reactive approach to tax services. By keeping current on new tax laws and legislation, we are in a position to identify key tax planning opportunities that minimize both your current and future tax liabilities. The staff at RSP LLP regularly attends professional development courses to keep up to date on changing taxation regulations. Our tax professionals have an in-depth understanding and experience in handling current tax requirements. RSP LLP provides individuals and businesses with the taxation expertise and knowledge that they deserve throughout the year.
Tax services offered include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of Canadian and US tax returns for individuals, corporations, estates and trusts.
- Preparation of annual information returns for non-profit organizations
- Negotiations for disputes with Canada Revenue Agency
- Retirement and succession planning
- Corporate reorganizations and windups
- Retirement, estate and succession planning
- Research and development claims
- Presentation of information for government audits
- Tax advice on alternative business decisions
- Assessment of business purchases and sales. Advising on matters related to other taxes – GST, PST, HST, Employer Health Tax, payroll taxes, capital tax, WSIB
- Structuring of international business transactions and investments
- Income tax matters
- Divestitures of all or a partial interest in a business
- Tax reorganizations for estate planning purposes
- Income tax compliance
At RSP LLP, we like to keep our clients informed about changes occurring in all aspects of their business and personal affairs. We keep our client’s informed in regards to changing policies in taxation by publishing two quarterly newsletters on taxation to summarize recent changes in legislation. These can be viewed in the Publications section of our website. Our professionals are available and involved, drawing upon our group understanding and growing experience to solve problems and offer advice far beyond the range of the conventional accounting firms.