Senior Accountant - Job Description
AbOUT THE ROLE
Your primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Completing, supervising and reviewing engagements, including audits and reviews and related tax filings.
- Identifying and resolving engagement issues.
- Ensuring that deadlines and related time budgets are met.
- Training and mentoring junior staff on assurance engagements.
- Developing and maintaining positive and productive working relationships with clients, co-workers and all levels of staff and management.
- Assisting in the training and development of our team.
A successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a public accounting firm working on audits and review engagements.
- A professional designation.
- Strong technical knowledge of GAAP, audit and review procedures and tax.
- Proficiency in Excel, Caseware and ProFile.
- Strong understanding of a client-focused environment including related deadlines and the ability to work to meet those deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.