Manager - Job Description
AbOUT THE ROLE
Your primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Effectively and independently manage and review audit, review and compilation engagements, and deliver complete product to the Partner on a timely basis.
- Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments.
- Monitor the progress of engagements teams against the original audit plan and provide recommendations on changes when needed.
- Responsible for identifying and resolving complex and routine accounting, audit and tax issues.
- Develop staff members by providing technical guidance and mentoring.
- Conduct performance reviews and provide ongoing performance feedback and training.
- Develop new business for the firm and promote the firm in the community.
- Develope and maintain posibive working relationships with client personnel, co-workers, and all levels of staff and management.
A successful candidate will have:
- A CPA designation, with a minimum of 5 years of post-qualification experience including a minimum of 3 years management experience within a public accounting firm.
- Sound knowledge of the CICA Handbook, review procedures and tax compliance.
- Ability to provide well considered and proactive solutions to clients, partners and staff on complex assurance issues.
- Experience managing and developing staff on engagements.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Proven project management and time management skills to organize, implement and execute projects.
- A working knowledge of Caseware, Caseview and ProFile.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage changing client deadlines.
- Proven ability to identify opportunities for increasing business and adding value with new and existing clients.